Strathclyde University (UK)
(a) Objective of the Planning Unit
Planning unit is the most fundamental of the managerial frame work and functions.All Other functions, including organizing, leading, controlling and staffing, stem from the planning function. Planning prepares organizations for tomorrow today by assessing what an organization wants to accomplish and how it will go about achieving that goal.
(b) Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate preparations and implementations of Institute plans and budgets;
- To carry out monitoring and evaluation of the Institute plans and budgets and prepare performance reports;
- To carry out research, assessments and evaluation of Institute plans and provide a basis for making informed decisions on the future direction of the Institute;
- To encourage and facilitate the implementation of Public private Partnership;
- To coordinate preparations of Institute contributions to the Mother Ministry Budget Speech and Annual Economic Report;
- To ensure that Institute plans and budgets are integrated into the government budgeting process.
- To coordinate formulation and preparation of Institute’s medium term strategic plan, annual action plans and budgets;
- To compile reports on Institute projects, programmes and Action Plans and develop strategies for resource mobilization;
- To provide technical guidance and support for institutionalization of Strategic Planning and Budgeting process within the Institute;
- To create a sustainable competitive advantages to the Organization
- . To increases the likelihood of long-term survival of an organization.
(c) Staff composition in the Unit
The Planning unit is composed of two staff namely Mr. Leonard William Mduma (Planning Manager) and Mr. Justine Atugonza Kaiza (Planning Officer). The unit reports directly to the Principal.
- Project planning and Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Project proposal skill
- Budget preparation and Report writing skills