- 1994 - 1997 :The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, The United Kingdom. 1987 - 1989 :Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada.
- 1982 - 1986 :The University of Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- 1997: Ph.D. in Metallurgy and Materials from the University of Birmingham, The United Kingdom.
- 1990: M.Sc.(Eng.) in Mechanical Engineering from Queen's University, Canada.
- 1986 :B.Sc.(Eng.) (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Dar es Salaam,Tanzania
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
2012 Registered Consulting Engineer (C.Eng.), Engineers Registration Board (ERB)(Tanzania).
1999: Member, Institution of Engineers Tanzania (MIET).
1998 :Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Engineers Registration Board (ERB) (Tanzania).
Courses Taught in Undergraduate Degree Programmes, Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology
- MEU 07319 Solid Mechanics for 2nd year students 2010
Courses Taught in Undergraduate Degree Programmes, University of Dar es Salaam
- EG 101 :Engineering Drawing for 1st year students 1992 – 1993
- ME 106: Strength of Materials I for 1st year students 2005
- ME 112: Testing of Materials for 1st year students2001, 2002, 2007 – 2010
- ME 116: Structure and Transformation of Materials for 1st year students
- 2001 – 2010 ME 202: Machine Elements and Design for 2nd year students 1990 – 1991 and 1998 – 2001
- ME 206: Strength of Materials II for 2nd year students 2001 – 2006
- ME 211: Metals and Non-metallic Materials for 2nd year students2001
- ME 216: Materials Technology for 2nd year students 1999 – 2000
- ME 306: Solid Mechanics for 3rd year students 2003 – 2004
Prof. Christian Nyahumwa
DEVELOPED AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Mechanical testing of conventional materials.
- Design of machine elements and machines.
- Failure analysis of machine components.
- Non-destructive testing techniques.
- Casting technologies for the production of reliable aluminium alloy castings.
- Welding technology and welding inspection.
- Metal forming.
- Development and characterisation of plant-based composite materials.
- Quality assurance in Higher Education.
- Academic audit and curriculum development in Technical Education and Training (TET).